Comments

1. LauraJ says

Haha this story made me laugh! It’s just so stupid how easily people judge on outside apperance. The worst was when I was working for Clarins.
    This woman came up to my counter and said I need whatever product (can’t remember the name). I was really confused and said sorry, Clarins don’t sell that. She then spoke to me like I was an absolute idiot. Speaking really slowly and pointing. After 5 minutes, I finally said, I think the product you’re talking about is actually from the brand Clinique. She didn’t even apologise. She just looked at me and walked over to Clinique.
    And why does everyone think that if someone wears glasses, they must be the most intelligent person. Sometimes they do just need glasses!! 🙂

Thank you Grace! That’s very true – we can’t be good at everything. Even though I keep attempting to be 😛 xx

2. Infinite Living says

I too have found most perceptions of intelligence judgmental and narrow-minded. When we are truly being us, allowing the expression from the essence of our being there is no choice but for our intelligence to shine through …because we are accessing our best qualities. I love your work and all that you express truly.

This paragraph is what I should have written in my post! As always, you wrote my thoughts perfectly. When we are being us and living as who we are, we put our intelligence and best qualities forward.
      I’m going to think like that more often. Thank you so much for your comment!

3. LauraJ says

The blonde stereotype is so stupid and goes against what most believe in society. You can’t just narrow out a hair colour, and yet we do. I’m happy you proved people wrong and went to NYC. I’ve never considered you anything other than smart and beautiful 🙂

4. Melina Elisa says

I was always quite “smart” in school. I got good grades, and didn’t really struggle with many of my classes. In college, I felt it quite refreshing, because I was considered normal. When I tell people I’m a blogger, I feel like people are intrigued by that, but at the same time they don’t consider it a real job. This was such an interesting article, because I find you to be extremely intelligent, and would never think anything otherwise. Great post Laura xx

Melina | http://www.melinaelisa.com

Thank you Melina! I’m so touched you think I’m extremely intelligent. I probably think I’ve become more intelligence since school, as I am constantly researching and watching documentaries.
      I get the same thing with blogging. It’s surprising, because there are so many social-media jobs now and roles that focus on sourcing bloggers for advertising, you would think people would realise it can be a job. xx

Great post girl! And yes, have to agree with the fact that we are close minded and believe that intelligence has to do with grades and numbers and all that. People are smart in different ways whether its in academics, arts, or others and we should be proud of it either way and accept other’s talents and intelligence instead of judging them 🙂

Thank you girly! Yes, there are so many ways to be intelligent. I also think wisdom is crucial. I’ve met academic people before, who are clueless on decision making and getting through life. There is so much that makes a person intelligent, it really can’t be just about grades. x

6. thelonelyauthorblog says

Great post. You made me laugh when you discussed the clever industry. There is no measurement for that.
    I believe there is a lot of truth in what you say about how schools can trap us into thinking certain things about
    ourselves.

Thank you Andrew! I forgot to share this story in my post. I knew a girl who failed all her exams, everyone laughed and called her stupid. She would get the lowest grades possible.
      Her mum moved her to private school, and she finished her GCSE’S with A* across the board. So it shows that the way we are taught, can change everything.