Comments

1. Jyo says

Again a phenomenal post Laura !
    As we move into an era where people aren’t scared to push for greater respect for self-expression through what you (do or don’t) wear, today’s feminists understand that feminity is an asset, not a weekness !

2. Melina Elisa says

OMG, this post. Like I literally have no words, because your words have mirrored my exact words. I definitely believe that it is a female’s choice in how they should dress, no matter how much or how little they are actually wearing. Probably one of my latest favorite post of yours for sure xx

Melina | http://www.melinaelisa.com

Thank you!! I’ve become so sick of reading articles constantly talking about what a woman is wearing. As if women are to blame and men only go for girls wearing revealing clothes. xx

3. LauraJ says

My mum has made comments before as well! I got so mad last week when I went to work wearing a dress and ankle boots. Women were giving me double glances, and my dress wasn’t even short.
    It’s amazing how male nudity is so much more okay. And women showing any skin is purely for a man – I hate that notion as well.
    I’m not the most outspoken in real life, my blog is my outlet to say whatever. I really appreciate that you enjoy reading and that you even take the time to read. x

Love this post! Women need start supporting each other a bit more and still can’t believe feminism is still going on. I hate that women still get judged based on the clothes, behavior, etc even till today. Yes, we don’t need to justify to men who we are. They should be able to let us be ourselves and support us for who we are 🙂

Thank you!!! I find that’s the issue – a lack of both male and female support. I find feminism still has such a long way to go, and that in itself is a little scary. Thank you for reading girl. x

5. LauraJ says

Thank you lovely! I was the same – always worrying how to fit into society’s standards. Women can be really judgemental. Especially when they see another female wearing something they don’t approve of. But that really does ruin the strength of female empowerment. x

6. LauraJ says

Thank you so much for reading and taking the time to write this comment.
    I think it’s disgusting how some guys walk round everywhere with their shirts off in summer. I’d never think to take mine off – and especially in a place where people are eating.
    It is crazy that women are almost taught that to be sexy is to strictly impress a man. But I guess it also depends on what sexy is. To me, there’s far more to it than just taking your clothes off. I completely agree with your points here and glad you feel the same way. x

7. Infinite Living says

I love how you combined red and pink in your outfit – a very different combination to me. To me feminism is more about expression of personal choice and personality that one can naturally carry with ease, and without being judged.

Thank you. I have never put red and pink together either, but for some reason I gave it a go and I think it goes nicely. “a personality that one can naturally carry with ease” – I love how you put that. It made me realise how many women are afraid to show their true selves.