Comments

1. LauraJ says

I usually take around 10 -15 photos at a time and then choose which ones to post on my blog. And then I cut down to maybe 5 or 6 to save to my phone, But the issue is as I’m taking photos every week, it all adds up. My holiday ones take up the most space and the ones in summer. I find it near impossible to delete my countless view shots lol.
    It’s a great idea to save copies on your USB and to take what you need and go. Back with film camera, you were really limited so each photo had to be considered. But with digital now and phones, you can take countless shots which kind of encourages us to keep going.

Ah, we are so like-minded girl! I’m such a digital hoarder! I have so many pics and screenshots that my whole storage on my laptop got so full. I’ve tried deleting a lot but there is always a what if situation in case I need it for the future. I still have a 1000 images on my phone that I have to delete since I’m a huge photo craze lol. I def need to improve on this digital hoarding. I’m really trying but it’s hard to get over now that we live in the tech generation. Great post ❤️

Thank you girl! I have around 1,000 photos as well. I’m trying to select my favourites to store with drive, and then slowly get rid of the rest. I think with photos, it’s hard because we subconsciously tell ourselves that all photographs are memories. There’s probably quite a few that if deleted, we wouldn’t even remember. x

3. Infinite Living says

The messy digital drawers that never get cleaned out are surely a big task to confront to my mind. I have files and folders from 2 decade on my old desk top, and the back up of past couple of laptops. Only now with my current laptop I have become skilled at keeping it clean and updated frequently. My phone I would say I am at a medium at deleting promptly what can be. Emails …at a every phase new email communications feel important enough not to delete so there is a record …but the it is so difficult now to take the time and go back to clean it up. I have too many emails saved over the years. This certainly is one modern problem that needs awareness 🙂

It’s great you are keeping on top of things with your new laptop. I’m the same as you and have so many emails saved from the past few years. I would need plenty of hours to go through them all. Unlike real life where most of us only have a limited amount of space for storage, the online world offers plenty, and I think that’s why it’s becoming such a problem. Thank you as always for sharing your thoughts. 🙂

4. whenlifeawakens says

I struggle with this but also don’t, it’s strange I have an attachment to some images and pictures I’ll save things got later just because I may need them, and at other times I will delete everything I get my hands on.

Sometimes I like deleting photos but I’ve started noticing this month, how stressful it is trying to find things on my phone and laptop. I don’t know whether the answer is to stop ‘hoarding’ and delete more, or just to create dozens of folders.

That’s a great idea. I’ve not looked into printing my phone images before, but it would make a lot of sense. Especially as I love photo albums.