Comments

This!! This is possibly the best I’ve ever read! I agree on every word!
    Like you said, men aren’t called difficult, they’re strong or powerful or something. We on the other hand are “hard to deal with”. If that’s what they want to call it, fine, call me difficult or anything, I’m proud of it 🙂

Thank you!! This is the exact message I wanted people to get when reading this. It’s about saying okay – society is going to call me difficult as though it’s negative, here’s me saying difficult is great.
      Rather than arguing and trying to defend why I’m not.

Can totally relate! All these years, for the past 15 years, I’ve always been so nice and putting everyone first (being selfless). I’ve always listened to my parents in being the perfect daughter and I never really gave importance to feminism. Now, I’ve realized that I need to focus on myself and my dreams first and I’ve started to really support and encourage feminism. I feel much happier and more confident being a strong woman and yes, people might not like difficult women and boxes women too much but I personally enjoy difficult women and we def need more of those out there. Awesome post girl ❤️

I’ve started really encouraging feminism as well. It’s something a few years ago, I didn’t think twice about. But as I grow and focus on myself, I’m realising how important it is. I feel happier as well. Sometimes there’s guilt when saying no or sticking up for myself at first but then it goes away and I feel strong. Thank you for reading lovely. x

3. trithisworld says

Really enjoyed this. I’m also going through a period of realising (or not really realising, I’m know I am) ‘I’m too nice’ and wont say fully how I feel for the fear of hurting others. I prefer the notion ‘strong woman’ to difficult. Just because you do what’s in the best interest of you, doesn’t make you difficult, but instead strong and all the more beautiful. Keep hustling & stop at nothing!

Thank you! I used the word difficult because I think for some, women who are ambitious and determined are seen negatively. So I wanted to use a negative word and say actually, this is a great thing. I get where you’re coming from though and agree that it doesn’t make you difficult by doing what’s in your best interest. Thank you for reading! 🙂