Comments

1. Dominika says

My taste in books has definitely evolved over the years. When I was a teenager frequenting my local library, I absolutely loved getting engrossed in a fictional world and those were the only type of books I ever reached for. I still read fiction from time to time, but I mostly choose non-fiction books nowadays. My reading list is as long as my arm, but I can’t help myself and keep adding more and more. Some of the popular titles you mentioned in this blog post are already on my list, but I was really glad to read about these less popular ones. All three sound really appealing to me, but if I were to choose my favourite, it would probably be the first one. I find it absolutely fascinating to read about how our brains work and how upbringing can affect our adult lives. Thank you so much for these recommendations, I will make sure to add these to my list!

I use to always read fictional as a teenager as well. Probably because I associated non-fiction to school and studying, and fiction as being more relaxing and easy to read.
      I’m making it a priority this year (what’s left) to get through some of the books on my list. x

2. The Newbury Girl says

I love nonfiction books – I definitely agree that nonfiction works expand our ability to hold conversation and really learn. These all sound so fascinating – particularly ‘How Emotions are Made’. I’ve added these all to my TBR.

I feel when I read non-fiction, I always have something interesting to share after. I hope you get to read How Emotions are Made soon. 🙂

Sometimes it can take a while to find the right non-fiction. I loved learning about love from a psychologist’s point of view with The Incurable Romantic.

3. beyo11 says

This Mz Laura Jane for the interesting post, I read Lisa Feldman Barrett book, the approach to emotions not being in specific part of the brain seemed to me a new thing that she presented well. love your work Mz Laura Jane:)

Thank you! I think Lisa’s ideas really make sense. Although I’m not an expert (by any means), I can see how we learn emotions from our parents, because we can show anger and sadness etc. in a variety of ways.