Today I am reviewing the Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X – the only FDA-cleared laser technology available for home use.
For many years, I have struggled with the upkeep of shaving. A large part of my pre going out routine consists of exfoliating, shaving and moisturising – all for silky smooth legs that last as long as Cinderella’s dress did at the ball.
I’ve become so fed up with ingrown hairs, dryness and itchiness. Not to mention, constantly buying new razor heads – I don’t even want to think about how much I’ve invested in them over 15 years). Laser hair treatment has been something on my mind for a while now (I once blogged about it) but money and busyness has always held me back.
That’s why, I was SO excited and happy when Tria approached me about a partnership to experience their latest hair removal device.
What is the Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X?
In short: “The first and only clinically-proven laser available for home use.” Tria’s hair removal laser targets and permanently disables the hair follicles to stop hair growth for permanent results. With the laser, you can expect:
- The best at-home results. Tria has three times more hair eliminating energy than any other home hair removal device.
- 70% of your unwanted hair removed after just 2 treatments.
- Clinically-proven results – Tria uses the same diode laser technology preferred by dermatologists to reduce hair growth.
Laser hair removal vs IPL
In recent years, there’s been a surge of laser hair removal devices on the market. Most however, are not laser – they are in fact IPL (Intense Pulsed Light). The energy in IPL technology is not as focused as a laser, which means it involves more treatment and less permanent results.
Where and who can use it?
The laser device works on dark blonde through to black hair and on fair through to olive skin tones. To operate, you need to hold the base of the device against your skin. There is a sensor at the base that will only activate if the laser is safe to use on your skin type.
Tria’s laser can be used on legs, face, bikini line and underarms.
Using the device
When I removed the laser from its box, I was delighted to find it was already charged and ready to go. Setting it up was quick – I simply switched the power button on at the top, placed the sensor where I wanted to use the device, and then waited for the beeps to signal I could start.
Now, while I would love to tell you that the laser meant I could instantly throw away my shaver, you have to actually shave before using any type of laser device. It’s advised to only shave and not wax or pluck.
After cleansing and shaving, I switched on my device, waited for it to be activated and then used the power button to select my treatment level – 1 being the lowest and 5 the highest. Tria recommends using the highest level you can for best results. I found level 2 to be ideal, though I will try moving up different levels as my treatment continues.
To start the laser process, I held the laser down on my skin and waited for the noise to signal it had worked, before moving to the next section. If you move the laser too quickly, you’ll hear a noise that will tell you it hasn’t worked and you have to try again. You need to create an overlapping movement that’s small – you want to avoid going over the same area multiple times but you also want to ensure you cover all sections. The laser really requires your full attention.
Before the battery ran out (it lasts for 30 minutes) I managed to laser both of my lower legs.
- Simple to use – You can find device instructions in the manual with the laser, and you can also watch online tutorials demonstrating the process.
- Fast results – I’ve already noticed my hair is taking much longer to grow back and my legs in general feel much smoother.
- Convenient and cost effective – while the laser is costly, in comparison to salon laser treatment for multiple body areas, Tria offers a much more affordable solution. Being wireless, the device offers you the luxury of using when and where. There are no dermatologist appointments to schedule in.
- Permanent results – it’s nice to know that once you’ve bought the device, it’s a long-lasting investment that you will reap the benefits from for many years to come.
- 60-day money back guarantee.
- Time consuming – it requires patience to cleanse, shave and towel dry, then sit and wait for the laser to cover each spot of skin you want hair removed from. Particularly on your legs.
- Discomfort – I struggled to use the laser past level 2. Tria does have a plant-based soothing gel which helps to diminish the sensation of the laser at higher levels.
Overall Summary of Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X:
I’ve been shaving for nearly two decades and in that time, I’ve dealt with many ingrown hairs and have wasted a lot of time going over my skin with a razor. So while the Tria hair removal laser 4X isn’t exactly the most fun device to use and is certainly time consuming, the fact that it offers me the ability to have permanent smooth skin without constantly dealing with razors, makes the product worthwhile and a great investment.
There is a worry sometimes that home devices are not up to scratch, but Tria’s technology is very impressive. The device has fantastic safety measures and straight-forward instructions to follow.
Click Here to shop and find out more.
Have you considered laser treatment? See what others are saying on Instagram.